Lately, we saw him on the stage of the Opera Bastille with the role of Parpignol, in La Bohème (direction Gustavo Dudamel, staged by Claus Guth), he has also just returned to the role of Don José (Carmen) in Besançon Festival and the role of Pinkerton (Madama Butterfly) in Clermont-Ferrand Opera House.
His last engagements
Antonel Boldan, a native from Romania, first completed a Master in psychology at the University of Babes-Bolyai in Cluj Napoca (Romania), which he then taught, before deciding to fully dedicate himself to his passion of song and performance.
He won a song and lyric art award in 2007 for his interpretation of Don Ottavio in a production of W.A. Mozart’s Don Giovanni at the National Opera in Cluj Napoca. Then, Boldan went on to perfect his repertoire with Marius Vlad Bujoiu , Lavinia Chereches, Mariana Nicolesco and Viorica Cortez.
Honored as a laureate and a finalist in many competitions in Romania, Boldan was most notably a semi-finalist at the Francisco Vinas International Song Competition in Barcelona in 2012 and won the Armel Opera Competition in Budapest in 2017.
Boldan joined the Brasov Opera troupe in Romania as a soloist. He has interpreted the roles of Arlecchino in Leoncavallo’s I Pagliacci, Lord Arturo Buckaw in Donizetti’s Lucia di Lammermoor, Lord Eduard Zedlau in J. Strauss’s Wiener Blut, and Alfredo in Verdi’s La Traviata.
From 2012, he made the decision to develop his career in France. He interpreted the role of a contadino in Leoncavallo’s I Pagliacci at the Bastille Opera in Paris. Boldan also performed in the new R. Strauss production of Capriccio at the Palais Garnier ( Paris) where he interpreted the role of erste diener.
In France, these last few years, he performed:
- Tamino (The Magic Flute) in Lille and in Marseille (La Fabrique Opéra production, Orchestra of the Provence Méditerranée Philharmonic in co-production with the Opera of Marseille),
- Nemorino (L 'Elisir d'Amore) in Neuilly sur Seine,
- Don José (Carmen) in Toulouse, with the company Roulotte Opera, then in Levallois with the Maurice Ravel Symphony Orchestra, and in Lyon with the Lyon Villeurbanne Symphony Orchestra,
- Don Ottavio (Don Giovanni) at the National Theater of Algiers, with the Algerian National Symphonic Orchestra,
- Romeo (Romeo and Juliet of Gounod) with Figaro Si, Figaro La, at the Montmorillon Festival,
- Alfredo (La Traviata) at the Théâtre des Variétés Paris, under the sponsorship of the Ministry of Culture and Communication and the Paris City Council,
- Mr. Maria (Claudine) in Paris under the high patronage of the Romanian Embassy and the Romanian Cultural Institute, (registration with the Magu label elone Music running 2017/2018).
Lately, we saw him on the stage of the Opera Bastille with the role of Parpignol, in La Bohème (direction Gustavo Dudamel, directed by Claus Guth), he has also just returned to the role of Don José (Carmen) in Besançon Festival.
In 2017, he started with Rodolfo (La Bohème) in Jerusalem and Beer Sheva, with the Sinfonietta Orchestra Beer Sheva (directed by Patrick Baton and staged by Noemi Schlosser), he sang Tamino (The Magic Flute) at the Jersey Opera House, with the Szeged Symphony Orchestra conducting Gyudi Sandor (Production Armel Opera)
More recently he sang Pinkerton in Madama Butterfly with the Opéra Nomade, Center Lyrique Clermont Auvergne, Opéra de Clermont-Ferrand, and Canio in I Pagliacci with the Maurice Ravel Orchestra, in Paris.
He also performs concerts:
- "Pavarotti - Callas - Tribute to two great voices of the twentieth century", with the Prometheus Orchestra, alongside soprano Cécile Perrin (Festival Labeaume in Music),
- tenor solo in Mozart's Requiem ( with the Marseille Philharmonic Orchestra conducted by Michel Piquemal) in Sainte Maxime,
- Viva Mozart concert (with the Cannes Orchestra conducted by Victorien Vannosten) in Velaux,
- part of Saint François in the oratorio Saint François d'Assise of Gounod with Pasdeloup Orchestra conducted by Michel Piquemal in Paris.
Among his projects:
From July 2019, he will make his debuts as Hoffmann in The Tales of Hoffmann ( Offenbach) in Aix-les-Bains Operette Festival and in November / December a tour with Pinkerton in Madama Butterfly with Opéra Nomade in Luxembourg and South of France.
In October 2019 he will sing tenor solo part in Saint-Saens Requiem with Ostinato Orchestra conducted by Michel Piquemal in Paris.
Die Zauberflöte. Rôle : Tamino
Don Giovanni. Rôle : Don Ottavio
Le Nozze di Figaro. Rôle : Don Basilio
L'elisir d'amore. Rôle : Nemorino
Lucia di Lammermoor. Rôle : Lord Arturo Bucklaw
La Bohème, Rôle : Rodolfo
Gianni Schicchi, Rôle : Rinuccio
Madama Butterfly, Rôle : Pinkerton
BIZET Carmen, Rôle: Don José
OFFENBACH Les Contes d'Hoffmann, Rôle: Hoffmann
GOUNOD Romeo et Juliette, Rôle : Romeo
TCHAIKOVSKY Eugène Oneguine, Rôle : Lensky
LEONCAVALLO I Pagliacci, Rôle : Arlecchino
Macbeth, Rôle : Macduff
Nabucco, Rôle : Ismaêl
Otello, Rôle : Cassio
La Traviata, Rôle : Alfredo / Gastone
STRAUSS Wiener Blut, Rôle : Le Comte Zedlau
LOEWE My Fair Lady, Rôle : Freddy Eynsford-Hill
LEHAR Die lustige Witwe, Rôle : Le Comte Danilo
GOUNOD, Saint-François d'Assise
SAINT SAENS: Requiem
PUCCINI, Messa di Gloria